Please note: The Museum’s historic house at 10-B Crescent Road will be OPEN on Sunday December 29 from 1-5, but will be open by appointment only throughout January 2014. To make an appointment, please email greenbeltmuseum @ gmail.com and allow a week’s notice.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, the staff, and our dedicated volunteers – THANK YOU for a terrific year. We’ve been busy here at the Museum both creating new events and programs for you to enjoy like the Roosevelt Ride in May 2013 and continuing long-lived traditions like our quarterly lecture series.
- This year Museum staff, interns and volunteers:
– Welcomed 370 visitors to the Museum house on Sundays for tours.
– Lead 24 walking tours including several groups from China.
– Planned two special tours for individuals with disabilities.
- – Programmed a popular quarterly lecture series attended by 196 people.
– Held several signature events including the Roosevelt Ride, the Retro Town Fair, and the Rexford Revue fundraiser.
– Visited Greenbelt Elementary School, Springhill Lake Elementary, & Greenbelt Middle School to share information about Museum.
– Recorded 14 oral histories with residents from all areas of the city including Greenbelt East and West.
– Created a hands-on exhibit in the Museum house… and much more!
It’s not too late to make a donation to support the work we do! Just click here! We are a 501(c)(3) so donations are tax-deductible. Thank you!
We look forward to seeing you in 2014!